Directions to UConn, Storrs campus:
Directions to the Monteith Building (MONT), where the summer school will take place via Google maps
The nearest airport is Hartford, CT (airport code: BDL), which is about 45 minutes by car. (Uber fare starting at $45.)
From the West (heading from New York):
- Take Interstate 84 East to Exit 68.
- From exit, turn right onto Route 195, 7 miles to UConn.
- After passing the lake on the right, turn right on Mansfield Road.
Please note: GPS devices may recommend to follow Route 44 and take Bone Mill Road. Do not turn onto Bone Mill Road; follow Route 44 further and turn right either on Discovery Drive or on Route 195. The Storrs campus is 1.5 miles on the right.
From the East (heading from Boston toward Hartford):
- Take Interstate 84 West to Exit 68.
- From exit, turn left onto Route 195, and follow directions above.
From the Southeast (heading from Rhode Island):
- Take Interstate 95 to 395 North.
- Take Exit 81 West to Route 32 North.
- Follow Route 32 North to Willimantic.
- In town, turn right and go over the frog bridge.
- Continue straight through the light and follow 195 North for 8 miles to campus, and follow directions above.
If you need parking, please contact the organizers on how to obtain a permit for the weekdays of the program.
Here is a list of shortcuts to the most important locations on the map:
- South Campus Residence Hall (SCRH) where funded participants using dorm housing will stay.
- Monteith Building (MONT) where the Summer School will take place, Monday through Friday.
- Downtown Storrs where a number of restaurants can be found.
- Student Union (SU) where there is a food court, open from 7:30am to 2:30pm.
- Storrs Center has a variety of restaurants, shops, and services. See StorrsCenter.com for a map and more info (scroll down for a map with restaurants, etc.)
- A guide of Storrs restaurants